- We keep your information secure - Assist will NEVER share any of your personal information with any third party unauthorized by you.
- It’s your choice to post content (notes, photos, etc) and make it public. You are solely responsible for any content you post.
- It’s your choice to reveal your location and make it public. You are solely responsible for managing your location information and privacy modes.
- We may log your activity on our application (this is standard practice)
- When you post or direct message your personally identifiable information (email, phone number) are kept completely private.
updated January 4, 2018
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect
We receive and collect personally identifiable information about individual Users of our Services (such as name, contact information, etc.):
- From you when you use our SMS service, for location tracking and phone number contact information. Real-time location tracking may occur even when an Application is not actively open and running on your mobile device. For the purposes of clarification, by joining the service, you are specifically agreeing to allow us to contact you via SMS and track your location at any time, but solely for the purpose of providing the Services;
- From you, on a voluntary basis, by specifically requesting it from you (i) when you register for the Services, (ii) when you complete or edit your profile, (iii) when you use or register for certain products and services, (iv) when you invite friends to use the Services, (v) when you respond to surveys or questionnaires;
- From you, on a voluntary basis, if and when you choose to upload to the Sites or the Services any feedback, evaluations, comments, forum posts, pictures, or other documents that contain personal information about you.
If you opt in to location or other SMS service, we may automatically collect location information from your mobile device or your mobile carrier. This real-time location tracking may occur even when an application is not actively open and running on your mobile device. For the purposes of clarification, by opting in, you are specifically agreeing to allow us to track your location at any time, but solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
We may also ask you for other information from time to time, which you may choose to provide or not to provide at your sole discretion, such as information regarding your personal experiences, interests and preferences, your opinion regarding various features of the Services and the types of information that interests you. In certain instances, personally identifiable information with respect to you may also be received from one or more of our business partners.
How Do We Use the Personal Information That We Collect
In general, we use personal information we collect to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Sites and the Services, and for the purpose for which the information was provided.
For example, we may use the information we collect:
- to send you a welcoming email or text message and to contact you about your use of the Sites and the Services, such as for administrative purposes, to provide you with customer service or to facilitate your registration for or participation in certain features of the Services;
- to provide you with all of the services, features, and functionality included within the Services, to provide other services, products or information you request and to complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints;
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Services and our publications, products and services;
- to contact you about our or a third party's services, products, activities, special events or offers and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to provide recommended third party products and services, as requested by you; and
- for the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
Personal information provided online may be linked together or merged with other personal information so that we may better understand your needs and inform you about our products or services and those of our partners.
After registration, unless you opt-in as set forth herein, we will not send you an SMS unless you specifically request Services.
We do not share any personal information with third parties. We may use anonymous information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network request a particular type of product or service.
Access and control over most personal information in the Services is readily available through our profile editing tools. Users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by deleting the Application. Information will be updated immediately. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to Users unless such Users have copied the information.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
We aspire to be an environment where people can interact safely with their friends and the people around them. We have implemented many safety and privacy controls in the Services as part of our goal to enable people to share their information with only the people they want to see it. And we are constantly improving our systems for identifying and removing inappropriate content and people from the Services.
Children under 13 years old are not permitted access to the Services. In addition, parents of children 13 years and older should consider whether their child should be supervised during the child's use of the Services.
Despite our safety and privacy controls, we cannot guarantee that the Services are entirely free of illegal, offensive, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate material, or that our Users will not encounter inappropriate or illegal conduct from other Users. Consequently, you may encounter such content and conduct. You can help our Company by notifying us of any nudity or pornography, or harassment or unwelcome contact by clicking on the "Report" link accessible in places throughout the Services. Where confidential complaints are made through this reporting tool, we will use our best efforts to remove the offending content or conduct and to warn or, as appropriate, to bar from the Services those transmitting such content or engaging in such conduct within 24 hours of receiving your complaint, as well as taking appropriate action against the User or recommender’s conduct when appropriate. Where complaints about nudity or pornography, or harassment or unwelcome contact are made by independent email to email@example.com, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint and begin addressing your complaint within 24 hours of receipt. We will report back to you within 72 hours of receiving your email complaint to inform you of the steps we have taken to address the complaint.
We need all Users to report suspicious people and inappropriate content they encounter through the Services. And we strongly encourage Users under the age of 18 to talk to their parents or a responsible adult immediately if someone online says or does something to make them feel uncomfortable or threatened in any way.
Always follow these important safety tips when using the Services:
- Never share your password with anyone
- Adjust your privacy settings to match your level of comfort, and review them often
- Be cautious about posting and sharing personal information, especially information that could be used to identify you or locate you offline, such as your address or telephone number
- Block and report anyone that sends you unwanted or inappropriate communications
When you complete your profile or register for the Services, you will be presented with a series of choices regarding whether you want to receive certain types of communications from us and/or our business partners and advertisers. If you do not wish to receive any or all of such communications, you may opt-out by responding "no" or clicking the appropriate opt-out box. By opting in to receive any and or all communications, you are granting permission to allow us, our business partners and advertisers to send the selected communications. We reserve the right to send you communications regarding the Services, or to advise you of changes to the Services or other events or occurrences which may affect your access to or use of the Services (such as service announcements, administrative notices and the like) without offering you the opportunity to opt out of them.
If after opting-in to the Services or to receive communications from us and/or our business partners, you wish to opt-out of participation in the Services or from receiving future communications, you may do so at any time. To do so, simply log in to your Services account, go to your profile, and you will find options for editing your opt-in preferences.
Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses and Aggregated User Data
We may collect IP addresses from Users of the Services, and collect and monitor other data and information about the activities of Users of the Services collectively. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This data is not used to track or monitor personally identifiable information of individual Users. We gather and monitor this data to analyze trends, administer the Services, identify Users when they use the Services, track Users' movements on the Application and Sites and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this information with our partners so that they too may understand our User base and Service usage patterns, but only on a collective, aggregated basis and in a manner which does not reveal any personally identifiable information about any individual User.
The Services account containing your registration information, profile and resume is password protected, so only you (or third parties you provide your password to) can access your account. All personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited-access servers. Our Services have technical, administrative and physical security measures and safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While we're committed to placing reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protecting your information against foreseeable risks, no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to circumvent those safeguards or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Third Party Sites
For your convenience, the Services may provide links to other sites or providers. When you leave our Site and/or Services and entering another site, we are not responsible for such third party sites or providers. You should carefully review the privacy statements of any other sites you visit, because those privacy statements will apply to your visit to such other sites.
Questions or Concerns